Copper and silver ring

I do like doing things a little different. I was asked to make a copper and silver ring. The copper being on the outside and the silver in the inner, a layered style. The silver is on the inside because if it was completely made of copper it would dis-colour the finger and turn it green. 

I have a new piece of equipment in my studio called a rolling mill, its a great machine to use when recycling metal, making metal thinner or small, flattening and lastly texturing the surface. The customer is an archaeologist and wanted the ring to have a texture and pattern of a old ceramic pot. 




I rolled through and created a few textures and he like a chevron pattern the best. I had to make it thicker and stand out more. The end result it looked great! Also fitted him perfectly...

Thanks for reading ...
















Comments

Popular Posts